March 22, 2009

Small Town Snapshot Sunday: The Premier Edition

Welcome to Small Town Snapshot Sunday! The inspiration came from a post in which I wrote some small vignettes of life in my particular small town.

With a little encouragement (oh, it takes so little to get me off on a tangent) I decided it would be great fun, for me anyway, to do a weekly event called "Small Town Snapshot Sunday" in which we celebrate life in small town America Earth.

The rules are very simple and pretty loose:

  1. Entries can be either text, picture, drawing (or other artwork) or some combination of those. "Snapshot" can be taken in the literal sense (as in a photograph) or like the vignettes like my example above.
  2. "Small town" is defined as a town having a population of 10,000 or less.
  3. Any small town will do. It doesn't have to be your own town.
  4. "Snapshots" should depict small town life or have a small town flavor.
  5. "Snapshots" must be your own work!
  6. Link to the Small Town Snapshot Sunday page so people know how to play. (You can use one of the banners below if you'd like or a text link will do just fine.)
  7. And then somewhere at the bottom you can do the Mr. Linky thing, linking to your Snapshot Sunday page NOT your main blog page. (And only leave your link if you are participating on that particular day!) Any links that go to something other than an STSS post will be deleted.


Here is my contribution to the premier edition of STSS:



Original Charter Small Town Snapshot Sunday Participants
1. On the Front Porch
2. Smalltown Girl
3. Kathy
4. Views From A Small Town

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.



For a current list of participants see the latest edition of STSS.


Banners:



Grab the square badge:




Grab the rectangular badge:

17 comments:

  1. Love it! What a great feature idea!

    I wish I lived in a small town...

    Have a smooth Sunday...

    :^) Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I'll have to take my camera out this afternoon and see what I can find for my first post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, this will give you a great excuse to go traveling to find a small town near you!

    Elizabeth, thanks for the visit. I have been reading all about your wallet this morning! Never in my life did I ever think I'd find myself typing the phrase "I've been reading about your wallet." Wow, the Internet makes me weird. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for inviting me to participate in this. I've been looking for something like this, and am glad to be a part of your new venture! I will probably do two posts, a written "musing" on my regular blog and a photo on my photoblog, http://viewsfromasmalltown.blogspot.com

    Thanks again, and I really enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smalltown Girl... the more the merrier! Post them as separate links so you'll get more traffic that way. Yay, I'm happy you're playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the invite!
    Here's wishing you all the best in this meme, which I find it pretty cool!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. See what I miss when I don't come to visit for a day :( I didn't post or read or anything yesterday. It was kinda a day and a half...I love this idea though and will definitely like to play along. I'll just be late this week LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, I thought the world had come to an end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alrighty then. I'll get right on figuring out the population of my small town. We just, just might qualify for this contest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's a neat, fast way to approximate your population:

    Go to Google and type in:
    population (your city) (your state)

    without the parenthesis.

    For example:
    population fairbanks alaska

    Works great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also, anyone who is from Fairbanks, Alaska... I promise I'm not stalking you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Only American small towns?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no, any small town would be lovely! I changed the post to reflect that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great! I can't promise to be there every Sunday, but it sounds like fun! Thanks for the clarification.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I live on a small island. :(
    It's an urban city, no small towns for me to blog. *sob*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the invite! Of course, where I live, Tokyo, isn't exactly a small town, but I often venture out to more remote areas.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind!