December 4, 2009

Domestic Chastising

My husband and I banter a lot. Some of it is amusing. Some of it is definitely NOT amusing.  (Those are the times when I'm always right and he's always wrong and just won't see that he's wrong.)

We sit about 15 feet from each other and sometimes instead of actually talking to each other we just send email. We're just tech-trendy that way.

I recently sent him an obnoxious email outlining what I perceived as a shortfall in one of his particular obligations. It was sarcastic and annoying to be certain.

This is the response I got back by email:

From: myadorablehusband@fakeemail.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 10:54 AM
To: annoyingsarcasticwife@fakeemail.com
Subject: Re: Fw: Land For Mrs. Whats-her-name
Careful, I understand the 2006 Elfin High Council passed referendum #10232-a which states "The frequent use of sarcasm is grounds for coal consideration". Certainly you must be close to your quota for the year. 



Sometimes I forget how cute he is.

13 comments:

  1. You? Sarcastic? I would have never guessed ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elfin High Counsel. LMAO. That's really funny, and it's things that they say like that that make us realize why we keep them around. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're BOTH so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was awesome! Thanks for the laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, now I don't feel bad texting my husband from the third floor of our home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife and I can identify with your story, except of course that I am always right and she is always wrong. She also frequently forgets how cute I am.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressed he can count that high (just to add one to your side). Husbands are only allowed to be funnier than us once or twice a year. He should make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's 2 funny! And gives me an idea! My husband is addicted to "World of War Craft" and is often hard to reach. I think I'll try your methed...thanks!...Kit

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaahahahahahah. Awesome. And Cute. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a little slow, I was like coal what the hey....then I burst out laughing.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind!